Tuesday, December 22, 2015

happy holidays + new decks for the new year!

Happy Holidays!

I hope your holidays are filled to the brim with cheer. And once you're done with all of your shopping, maybe you'll save a little money to buy yourself something special in the new year. With that in mind, here's a sneak preview of decks I plan to have available in January.


The Animal Tarot

In October I started playing around with some animal photos and lo and behold a tarot deck happened! The Animal Tarot as I'm calling it (because I have absolutely no creativity when it comes to naming things) has been a joyous surprise to use and I'm blown away by the connections to animal totems that I didn't even realize I was putting in it.

By the way, this is not a cutesy animal deck. These are real animals in real settings doing real stuff. I used an app called Brushstroke to turn the photographs into paintings for continuity sake, but the paintings still present a realistic portrait of the animals. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention...this deck is in landscape orientation instead of the usual portrait orientation. That was simply a practical decision because most of the photos I found were in that orientation. People have said it looks quite cinematic in style. I think it gives the deck an extra uniqueness and I'm really enjoying working with the cards in this format.



Life Path Cards

Would you believe the most popular post on my blog is my DIY on making my personal life path cards? Photos from the post appear in the top Google image search for life path cards. Apparently lots of people are searching for life path cards.

So, I decided to revisit my life path card concept, starting over with new photos. The result is a deck of 54 large cards (3.5''×5.75'') that feature a wide variety of paths.

I originally created this deck as a meditation and self-discovery tool rather than a divinatory tool but I'm finding that people might enjoy using it both ways. The idea is that you imagine you're actually standing on the path and the way forward symbolically reflects your life in some way. Included are pleasant looking paths as well as shadow paths that require to you seriously re-examine your life direction.



Essential Essence Oracle

This is a brand new deck concept I felt compelled to make earlier this month. It's based on the spiritual essences of fruits, vegetables, plants, and trees.The cards reflect remedies or essences that are currently needed.

If you're familiar with flower essences, you know that you usually take a tincture of the essence. My thought is that you can just download the essence from Spirit instead of taking a tincture. Simply looking at the photo of your essences with the intention of healing is enough. I've been doing some Holiday Essence Remedy readings to help people get through the holiday season. The cards shown are from this public reading I performed on Instagram:

I asked which essences would be helpful to you through the holiday season and got: 

MANGO: impacts the heart chakra; softens the heart to give and receive love 


POINSETTIA: promotes high energy level, and youthful spirit; increases Christmas cheer

AGRIMONY: enhances one-to-one communication particularly for those who avoid arguments and confrontations; encourages honest emotions and the ability to express them

PEAR: helps you accept and shoulder responsibilities; encourages leadership

These essences will help you step into your power to give and receive love in an honest and direct way. All you need to do is look at the photo for a few minutes a day. Make it your screensaver so you will see it frequently.


Response: I need every single one of these right now! Thank you so much for the reading Kristen



Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful holiday season. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment