Friday, July 8, 2016

blog hopping again...with Willows East

I've connected with Gretchen at Willows East for another blog hop. It's a pretty simple one where we share stuff about what we do and why.
The idea is to briefly introduce visitors to your Tarot or Intuitive blog, journey, mission, or business.
Here's a link so you can visit Gretchen and the other blog hoppers: http://willowseast.blogspot.com/2016/07/tarot-blog-hop.html

1. What brought you to Tarot?
When I was 19 a long-time friend handed me a tarot deck as a gift and said, "This looked like something that would be right up your alley." At the time, I had never heard of tarot before and I'm not sure she had either. But she did know I interpreted dreams and analyzed handwriting so tarot seemed equally mysterious and awesome. It was the beginning of a life-long love affair.

2. Which deck is your favorite?

My oldest favorite tarot deck is the Tarot of the Ages. It has the most sumptuous artwork I've ever seen and I appreciate the realistic body images.



But since I mostly use the decks I create now, my favorite would be a toss up between Tarot Everywhere and The Animal Tarot. Tarot Everywhere began as a photo project. I began noticing tarot cards in photos and soon those photos became this tarot deck. It seems to be a deck that most people can relate too. The Animal Tarot is a deck that features photos of animals instead of people. I like that it's not a fluffy, pretty deck -- the animals are serious and in their different natural habitats. It's a great deck for combining tarot and animal totem wisdom.
Tarot Everywhere

The Animal Tarot
3. Link to your Tarot business page, shop, or explain the purpose of your blog.
I have started many, many blogs. The one I had before this one was a collection of my posts on cartomancy, tarot, and divination tools (https://twelveofhearts.wordpress.com/). During that time, I started creating my own decks. My initial purpose was to make or use images to represent tarot cards since there are so many copyright restrictions on using deck images. When I posted photos of my decks, people asked: Are you going to sell them? When can I buy it? Why won't you sell it?

At the time, I didn't know of a simple way to sell them until Printerstudio (the printer I use) offered a SELL YOUR DESIGN feature where you can make your designs available for others to purchase. By that time, I had made two decks that I was ready to share. So, I started this blog as a way to  demonstrate ways to use them in readings. Now, I've published 15 decks on Printerstudio (and counting). You can find my decks in my Printerstudio shopspace: http://www.printerstudio.com/sell/otmoraclecards

4. What makes your journey or business unique?

I don't know that my journey is unique. I'm just another tarot nerd obsessed with cards!

5. Ask your deck, higher self, or guide, what it would like to share with visitors. Draw one card and/or share your response.

I'm working on an exciting new deck concept that uses haiku as a divinatory and meditation tool. Each card features one line of a translated haiku by Matsuo Basho. When you pull three cards, you create a new poem.

in a world of one color
flecked with mud
spring rain

Since I've been having strong empathic reactions surrounding recent #BlackLivesMatter incidents, I believe the poem is a commentary on it. I'm interpreting the spring rain as an impending and necessary healing that will wash away the mud (blocks/places where we're stuck) in our one color world (we're all one).



I'm making tarot & oracle decks, and divination courses

7 comments:

  1. Wow. I am in awe of that deck concept and the poem that was created above is beautiful. What a fantastic idea - I can't wait to see the finished product! Thank you for sharing :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Julia and I appreciate you visiting! I'll be sure to show the final deck here and on Instagram.

      Delete
  2. I use PrinterStudio too! I've loved their service and quality! So great to connect with you via the blog hop! -Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Gretchen! I've seen your lovely deck. Good to know great minds use the same printing company!

      Delete
  3. Amazing post! I really like the Tarot of the Ages, such a great discovery! Keep going with your great job with Tarot and your decks!

    Love,

    Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Printer Studio is great. The shipping can sometimes be expensive and take a long time depending on where in the world you are, but as far as PoD Tarot decks go, it's terrific. I mean, there are other places that also do PoD Tarot, but Printer Studio is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, James. As you mentioned, there are several PoD companies to choose from. I think it's important to find one that resonates with you and your printing goals. I've been very satisfied with Printerstudio's customer service and products.

      Delete